FULL IS FULL!
INCLUDING UNIQUE SAFARI!
Do you also want an unforgettable, surprising and active day out? Then book our latest tour through Central and West Brabant; the Food Tour Brabant Winter Experience including a real car safari through Safari Park Beekse Bergen. This beautiful tour is called Winter Experience because this day is mainly about the experience and the adventure!
Enjoy the beautiful route, snacks, drinks, varied activities, special locations and the beautiful nature and culture of this part of Burgundian and hospitable Brabant. This tour of 90 kilometers in total is only bookable from October 2021 to March 2022 and starts at the exclusive Safari Resort Beekse Bergen with a view of the savannah with the wild animals.
We have put together a beautiful route for you that you will follow with your own car. Unfortunately it is not possible to drive this tour by motorbike. Together with your partner, family or friends you will visit the most beautiful places that you have probably never seen before. Carefree you follow our unique route, specially composed for this tour, and in one day you see the most beautiful places in this part of Central Brabant in a bird's-eye view. A completely unburdened winter tour where you don't have to think and just enjoy yourself together.
Along the way we selected five beautiful, welcoming and unique stops where food and drinks are waiting for you;
- Safari Resort Beekse Bergen with a view of the savannah with the wild animals (exclusive for this tour).
- Monastery Nieuwkerk in the middle of the woods on the border between the Netherlands and Belgium
- Charlotte's garden house on the Wolfslaar estate in Breda
- The old Dutch candy store in Museum Oud-Oosterhout (exclusive for this tour)
- Organic nursery Naturally Henriette in Dongen
These locations are wheelchair friendly.
What are you going to do where?
Safari Resort Beekse Bergen
Look together, while enjoying a snack and a drink, from the lodge on the impressive savannah and its animals. This lodge is exclusively accessible to our guests and is normally only accessible to overnight guests.
Safari Park Beekse Bergen
You make a unique car safari through the safari park and you may be face to face with the big five. That will certainly make for very nice photos and memories!
Via the beautiful Gorp & Roovert estate you drive via a semi-paved road to this former monastery for a snack and a drink. Discover one of the Gôolse Geheimen here and take a look at the chapel or walk through the beautiful woods.
De Kiek sham airfield
Another Gôols secret in the middle of nature with a real mock plane which is now worth a visit as a work of art and invites you to think about what happened here during the Second World War.
Vineyard Hof van Baarle
Hof van Baarle is a unique vineyard with grapes on both Dutch and Belgian soil (Enclave)! 9 varieties have been planted on 2.5 hectares of land, with a total of about 7500 grape plants.
Visit this lovely vineyard where they produce delicious organic wines. Explore the vineyard on your own and take home a nice bottle of wine from the shop.
Enjoy your lunch on this beautiful estate where there is plenty to see and experience, such as the educational farm where you come into contact with the farm animals both indoors and outdoors. Or visit the shop with many farm and regional products. Prefer a nice winter walk? Then walk the other way and discover the Wolfslaar estate with the beautiful country house that now houses a chic star restaurant.
You take a surprising ride along highlights such as 't Ginneken, Bouvigne Castle and the ancient Mastbos. Then you drive past some works of art from the Blind Walls Gallery, the museum on the street in Breda. Get acquainted briefly with nature, art and culture in characteristic Breda and especially go back later to discover this at your leisure.
Visit this young, innovative brewery where they have been brewing unique beers since 2015.
Oosterhout has a rich tradition when it comes to the production of sweets, which is why a visit to the old-Dutch (museum) candy store cannot be missed. Choose a world-famous cinnamon stick here or fill your candy bag with candy of your choice. If you want to visit not only the candy store but also the museum, you pay a special winter experience price of € 5 for adults and € 2.50 for children.
Saint Catherine Valley / Sacred Triangle
Visit Sint-Catharinadal where the oldest women's monastic community in the Netherlands is located. Since 1647, the sisters have been managing the lands around their monastery. Where cows grazed and corn grew, there is now a vineyard of 8 hectares. completed and the herb and vegetable garden has been restored. A monastery among the vines, a beautiful Biblical metaphor! Take a look at the winery and the monastery shop together, but above all, go back to this beautiful hidden spot for a delicious dinner or a tour.
Organic nursery Natural Henriette
Get to know the organic way of growing vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and aubergines. Walk the Winter Experience route independently through the greenhouses and learn everything about organic farming. No synthetic pesticides and fertilizers are used here, but natural protectors such as sparrows, bumblebees, runner ducks and micro-organisms. In November the last vegetables are still in the greenhouse and from January everything grows slowly again. Also visit the farm shop of 160 square meters with its own products as well as products from the area. You end the tour here together in the attic with an organic snack board and a small soup of your own tomatoes.
Important! The greenhouses are not accessible only in December (shop and attic are).
Pets are not allowed on this tour.
Adults € 57.50
Children € 34.99
For children from 3 to 11 years there are two choices:
- Tour including adult menu for € 57.50 pp
- Tour including children's menu for € 34.99 per child
Children up to and including 2 years old are free (no menu and free entrance to the Beekse Bergen).
Please note, this tour lasts a full day.
- It is not possible to bring children from 3 years old without booking, because of the entrance to the car safari (check on site).
- During the route you can end up on semi-unpaved roads, if you want to avoid these you can take a 10 km detour.
- The route is delivered via a web app on your phone (including explanation).
- This is a To-Go Food Tour. With strict RIVM measures, the snacks / drinks are consumed outside, in the car or in a nice spot along the route. With less strict measures, you can take a seat in the restaurant or on the terrace if there is space available and after approval of the staff. There is never a guarantee on a seat.
- You book a fixed time slot which cannot be changed after booking.
- Time slot 1
Mandatory arrival gate Safari Resort: 09.30 + subsequent entrance safari resort with a view of the savannah
Car safari starts between 10.30 – 11.00 o'clock
- Time slot 2
Mandatory arrival gate safari resort: 10.00 am + subsequent entrance Safari Resort with a view of the savanna
Car safari starts between 11am-11:30am.
- The animals can be less visible in the cold and not outside in the snow because of slippery conditions.
- The tour can only be booked on the days visible in the calendar.
- Full=really full (maximum number of cars and people).
- The tour has a fixed order so that the snacks connect to each other.
- This individual tour by private car takes a full day and is about 80 km long.
- We pass on the name of the main booker, telephone number, registration number and any dietary requirements to all catering stops.
- In the month of December, the greenhouse at Natural Henriette is not accessible. The shop and the attic are accessible. No refund is possible.
- The gardens of Bouvigne Castle are open to the public free of charge on weekdays between 9am-4pm. The castle is not open to the public.
- You can also drive this tour with a camper as long as there are no loose parts such as roof rack, bicycle carrier, roof carrier or the like. (in connection with safari).
A collapsible bicycle carrier is not allowed because giraffes sometimes pass by the car and can hurt themselves on the loose parts.
- Do you want to spend the night near the starting point before or after the tour? Then book a stay nearby via this link.
Limited availability, full = full! Free rebooking is possible up to 2 days before departure until 09.30 am via WhatsApp, chat or e-mail.
Possibly according to the guidelines of the RIVM
Tour includes visit Safari Resort + car safari Safari Park Beekse Bergen. The tour can be booked up to 48 hours before the start. Date no longer bookable? Please inquire with us for last minute availability.